Queue-it Chief Communications Officer and Co-Founder Camilla Ley Valentin embarked on her career within the shipping industry, where she had positions in both Denmark and the U.S. After 10 years in shipping she moved on to the IT, consulting, and internet space where she has held various executive management positions over the past 20 years, including roles in strategy, software architecture, business development, and marketing. After a comprehensive global, corporate career, Camilla co-founded Queue-it as her first software product startup in 2010.
Camilla has received numerous awards for her role at Queue-it.
- 2012: Awarded Danish Female Entrepreneur of the Year, the first woman within IT in the history of the award.
- 2015: Named one of the Fifty Most Inspiring Women in European Tech, which was decided by a panel of judges including Ellenore Angelidis, Director of Diversity at Amazon; Nina Dos Santos, Business Anchor at CNN; and Shari Doherty, Partner at Atomico.
- 2016: Named one of the Inspiring Fifty Nordics, an award for inspiring women in technology.
- 2016: Named one of the Iconic Leaders of the Decade in Technology and Innovation at the Women Economic Forum.
- 2017: Named one of the Top 100 Danish businesswomen by Danish newspaper Berlingske.
- 2018: Named one of 100 Women Founders in Europe to Follow by Forbes.
- 2018: Named Business Leader of the Year at the Copenhagen Wonder Tech Summit
- 2019: Camilla and Queue-it were awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award at the Ticketing Business Awards in Manchester, an award dedicated to leaders within live entertainment who have demonstrated outstanding commitment and service to the industry.
- 2020: Awarded the Data Innovator prize at the first European Tech Women Awards.
Camilla is a strong leader with a fierce drive for results and delivery. She has a great business instinct and judgment based on her long experience, and she is aware of every detail required to achieve success. Her approach is independent and business oriented. Camilla typically comes across with an energetic, positive, and people-oriented approach. She is persistent, but with a sense of the situation and surroundings. And as her awards show, Camilla plays an integral role in getting more women interested in tech and entrepreneurship.
In addition to her original shipping and management education, Camilla is an MBA graduate from Edinburgh Business School/Heriot-Watt University in Scotland.
Supplementing her role as CCO and Co-founder at Queue-it, Camilla holds several board and advisory board positions with other technology companies. As a professional advisor, she occasionally takes on consulting assignments for organizations within strategy, innovation, and organizational change management. Camilla is an active member of the technology and entrepreneurial community and a frequent speaker at various industry events and shows.
In her spare time, Camilla enjoys music, fine food and wine, and time spent with family and friends.