A message from our CEO: We are expanding to the U.S. Here’s why:
I am happy to share the news of our formal expansion to the U.S. in June, with the opening of a regional office in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
One of our focuses in our annual roadmap this year has been to develop a plan to support and prepare for the next stage of Queue-it’s global growth. It almost goes without saying that the U.S. is an obvious step in Queue-it’s evolution and continued growth, but here are five key reasons for taking this step:
- Proven growth within our U.S. customer base: In the last few years we’ve seen accelerated growth in the U.S. relative to other global markets, and now roughly one-third of our business is coming from North America.
- Maintaining our level of service by extending operating hours: We are dedicated to delivering top-notch customer service, and having resources in the U.S. will ensure we continue to deliver the quality of service that our customers have come to expect. By being in Minneapolis, we can serve all time zones of the U.S. with greater ease.
- Getting closer to the obvious market opportunities: The size of the country and the amount of digital business being done by Americans make the U.S. a key market for any IT business and specifically those in our two key verticals of ticketing and retail. We also chose to locate in Minneapolis for several reasons, including its strong IT community and the presence of key leading U.S. retailers.
- We’ve seen our friends do it: We have witnessed transplant success to Minneapolis for other Danish companies, such as, Siteimprove, Secunia, GN ReSound and Coloplast. They have managed to combine cultural values with the talent pool in Minneapolis to achieve an understanding of the U.S. market that has resulted in building a strong reputation with their customers there.
- The right guy for the job: Our North America office will be led by our current Vice President of Marketing, Phil Hanson. Phil is an American who has been with Queue-it here in Denmark and understands our values, our brand of service, and how we deliver our service — by putting our customers as our #1 priority.
These are just a couple of insights into why we’ve decided to open a regional office in U.S., Minneapolis. We are looking forward to building on this expansion from Denmark, where our global headquarters will continue to be.
We will start by bringing additional technical engagement, business development, and sales team members on board. We are excited to get to know the talent in the market, so if you are interested in joining our U.S. organization, check our careers page here: https://queue-it.com/careers/
Finally, at this milestone for our company, we want to thank all our customers, partners, and employees for their collaboration and support. You are the key reason why we can take this next step in our growth journey. Our accomplishments together have contributed to the expansion of our business and advanced our vision: to be the global leader in virtual waiting rooms. We look forward to our continued success together.