15th February 2018
For the 2018 edition of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, nearly 25% of the audience will be females working within tech roles and companies. The MWC puts a nice effort into recognizing women in technology and mobile.
During this year’s conference, the Women4Tech vertical focuses on bringing together female attendees by creating networking and knowledge sharing opportunities. The Women4Tech workshops, keynotes and networking events throughout the four days of the congress discuss the role of women in the industry and award females who have positively contributed to a more diverse and connected digital community, through the Women4Tech Leadership Award.
Queue-it is a technology company, which is highly aware of the importance of a diverse team, so we are of course encouraged by this focus on the topic. And although just 25% the MWC attendees this year are female, it is uplifting to see that it is a rising trend.
We strongly believe that the world needs more females in the tech industry, and events like this are very important to continue to focus on the gender issue in the industry.
Female speakers that you don’t want to miss at the MWC
Of the MWC speakers announced so far, around 25% are females. These are our top picks:
- Berit Svendsen, CEO, Telenor Norway:
- Long-term career in tech
- Developed from a researcher role to having a C-level role, working with consumers and being a lecturer
- Ardent advocate for tech as a career
- Watch her on the 1st of March, at 09:30 during the Women4Tech keynote on Gender Diversity Best Practices within the Tech Industry
- Marie Ehrling, Chairwomen at Telia Sweden
- Elected Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences
- Chair Advisory Board at Stockholm School of Economics
- Watch her during the opening keynote on the 26th of February, at 9:00 on Creating a Better Service Provider
- Robyn Denholm, CEO at Telstra
- California National Diversity council list of Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Technology
- Women to Watch by Global Telecoms Businesses in 2017
- Awarded with Commonwealth Club Distinguished Citizen Award in 2016
- Watch her on the 1st of March, at 11:15 on Women Empowering Technology
- Melanie Mohr, CEO at Yeay
- 20 years’ experience in video and story telling
- Specialised on communicating with Generation Z and helping brands build a closer relationship with the younger audiences
- Watch her on the 27th of February, at 15:30 on the Future of Consumption
Meet the Queue-it team at the Danish Pavillion in Hall 6 (Stand 6C50)
The Queue-it MWC team will be at the Danish Pavillion where we are ready to share best practices on preparing your webshop and app for traffic surges during big campaign days, product launches or collection releases.
Our MWC team this year will be:
- CEO and Co-founder, Niels Henrik Sodemann
- CCO and Co-founder, Camilla Ley Valentin
- Senior Account Executive, Chris Malies
- Marketing Specialist, Ana Teodorel
Want to see Queue-it’s virtual waiting room in action at MWC? Book a meeting with our team on email@example.com.